Tuesday, February 8, 2011

TUESDAY'S GENE MEETING

 

Once a month, on the second Tuesday, the Oakmont Genealogical Study Group meets.    It is a small group, we usually have some one speak and exchange ideas.

The topic starting with this year will be on going for the next five years.  The Civil War.   We can expect to see many lectures and articles written about that topic.   Olive Bowsers father would have been of the age to serve in the Civil War but I have not found any information mention his name in the Pennsylvania Archives.   Perhaps Jacob was his middle name.

Stopped by the LDS Church and checked their records from Armstrong County PA.    In the book of wills filed I found two Jacob Bowser, one who died in 1878 and one in 1893.   I need to go to the County Courthouse in Kittanning PA and see if I can check those records.   There are thousands of Bowsers from Armstrong County.

I just have to wait for the spring thaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment