Thursday, February 24, 2011

CHANGES IN BLOG

Sometimes I just feel like I need a change, or I get bored with how the blog looks and I change the appearance.  I feel like the green is to encourage springtime.

I called my sister to wish her a Happy Birthday.   She wants to go to Ireland, and wanted to know if her other sisters wanted to go.   I HATE flying, never liked it since my first flight and I have logged many miles. 

I said I was interested and since she had 2012 in mind it will take me a long time to get used to the idea, and get a script for Valium. 

I have to looked into this potential trip.   What I want to do is find more information on  my O'Rourke side.   I have the Dowd side researched down to their town.   Even my sister thought it would be good to go to the town where our ancestors came from.  The research places are in Dublin and I would like to spend a day or two perusing the records there.    Guess I should start a list, which is what I love to do.

2 comments:

  1. You should download Google Earth and go to Ireland that way first! Drop down to street level and see the countryside while "driving" down the road. A couple of weeks ago I went to Mcguiresbridge, Ireland that way and it was an awesome experience. The view is crisp and you can stop anywhere and pan around and see the country side and the homes and buildings and even the sheep and cows! Highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Thank is a great idea, I would never have thought of that.....

    ReplyDelete