Wednesday, December 22, 2010

WOW, I HADN'T REALIZED....

That today was my two year blogiversary.   But thank you to Thomas MacEntee at GENEABLOGGERS I was re reminded today when I did my daily, and sometime more than daily check of his blog.   Thomas, I have learned so much from you and the others when I read your blogs.

A lot of people out there have been researching their roots for many years and I have just been doing this for a little over two.  In these past two years it seems that I have been finding ancestors at the speed of light and some at a snails pace (Olive Bowser)   Some of it was done with much research and some was serendipitously.  I was really excited to find a cousin who lives in Germany, our grandparents were siblings.   She did not know anyone from her family had emigrated to the USA.   It was confirmed by her mother, who is still alive, and her mother was able to identify the mystery siblings on my family portrait of the Schridde Family.

And when I found my great great grandparents (John Doud and Catherine Fitzmorris) on the CONNERS GENEALOGY web page on a list of Roman Catholic  Records in Glinsk Parish, County Galway.  I wasn't looking for anyone, just my usual perusal of records.    I would have not known them if I hadn't recently (Genealogical Mortal Sin) sent for their death certificates after two years.   Another suggestion was to obtain my obits and the death certificate at the same time,   thank you Nancy at  MY ANCESTORS AND ME.   I still have not found quite a few obits though.  

I love to read all of the blogs on my list, and add to them when people have their favorites listed.   Perhaps I spend too much time reading, not really.  I am still on hiatus from research and perhaps after the Holidays I will get going again.  I guess research is like any other activity you learn to do, you get better with practice and help with lots of examples and advice.

6 comments:

  1. Claudia, congratulations on two years! It's no little thing to keep blogging for two years! Here's to another two years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your anniversary. Hope you have many more. I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary, Claudia! I always enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete