Wednesday, February 18, 2009

TODAYS INHERITANCE VALUE.

Thank you Marie...I did the calculation following the chart link you sent and the $5,000 in the 1920's that my great grandfather had left the children was equivalent to $115,000 in today's money. That was a lot of money in that era. Guess I got my frugal genes from my ancestors.

On a funny note my daughter tells me I am cheap. I think I am frugal, when your children are on their own they will realize that you can not have everything you want. Maybe the current economic situation will teach them that in this era.

2 comments:

  1. That is one of the reasons, though it somes cheap to some people, that I don't think parents should "help" their children & grandchildren too much financially. Someone I went to high school with lived with her mom until she was past 30. No rent, no bills but her car. When she got married, it ruined her marriage. He husband was so "cheap" she said. No, actually he was just a regular guy, with a regular job, who knew they couldn't do all the things she wanted to do without going broke. She never really learned to take care of herself. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudia,
    I nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award! You can pick it up at http://www.ataleoftwoancestors.blogspot.com:-)

    ReplyDelete