Monday, February 16, 2009

BROTHERS AND SISTERS

picturesbyclaudia 001 I am not quite sure what I need to do for Smile For The Camera??   But, anyway this is a picture  c.1915-1918.    This is a picture of my great grandparents.    Heinrich Theodor Fredrick Schridde and my great grandmother Anna Meta Margarethe Hackmann.   The man standing in the back, in his WWI uniform   Willi Schridde, my grandfather.   Willi had five sisters.    Johanna, Dina, Mina, Una (Oona?) and Lily.  They were all from the Hamburg area of Germany.   My grandfather was born in Quickborn, Germany on 14 February 1898.    That is not where the family lived.   I got a birth certificate from the town and it said that the couple stayed their a short time and left after his birth. It did not give the birth place of the parents.     I know Lily married a man named Clausen.      I would love to find out who is who in the sisters pictures.  

I am hoping some day that I will find some relative or they will find me.     The new picture is of me and my brothers and sisters.    Look at the sibs and you can defiantly see a resemblance to the German side of that family.

If the top picture does not have everyone in the picture, maximize it to see the entire family.

 

picturesbyclaudia 179 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Claudia,

    If you're not sure how to submit a post to a Carnival, such as the "I Smile for the Camera" Carnival, please see my post here at the Bootcamp for Genea-Bloggers blog.

    By the way, I love the photos, both the antique and the modern one. There's something timeless about the way siblings relate to each other, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudia! We´ve got this picture, too. Anna Meta Mararethe Hackmann is my great great grandmother !!!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete