Sunday, January 18, 2009

ANNA BARTEL SCHRIDDE MARIA KORBACH BARTELS


Here is a picture of my grandmother AnnA Bartels Schridde and her mother Maria Korbach Bartels. If you look and her photo and the one I had posted of Maria as a young girl you can see the resemblance. Anna would go to Germany every few years to visit her. My mother Gerda told me that after the war Anna would send money to her to help her rebuild and get on her feet. They never talked about the war and how it affected my grandmother and the communication with her. I can only imagine how difficult it would have been. Maybe there was no communication at all for the war years. Where would I find that information??
I think this might have been taken in the late 1950's or early 1960's.

1 comment:

  1. In this photo these women really show that they care for each other. How nice!

    ReplyDelete