Friday, January 4, 2013

RESOLUTIONS OF SORTS

I am glad the Holidays are over.   I spent two weeks being sick with a cold and bronchitis, but thanks to Zithromax I am feeling 99% better.   I just did not have the energy to do a post.

I have been reading everyones resolutions or their plan for the next year.   I decided what I would like to do:

  • Find the parents of my husbands 2x great grandfather, Michael A/H Coleman.  This involves a trip back to Huntingdon County Historical Society and Courthouse.   This has become an obsession for me.  I found a candidate for his father in the 1820 census.   The ages of Michael and parents fit into the information about ages in their eldest sons Civil War deposition.
  • I am 99% sure I have found the parents of Michael's wife, Mary Ann Saylor.  I just need to find the link.   A member of the DAR had submitted information about this family back in 1921.  The only problem is her name was listed as Mary Jane rather than Mary Ann and her husband was listed as Henry instead of Michael.   The birthdays were exactly the same.   I have a suspicion that the information was from a Family Bible and that resources is long since gone.
  • I have to look for more information from Germany and Ireland.   Since my ancestors came to this county more recently I need to go back to Europe.   I would also like to find what my great grandfather, Thomas Dowd was doing between 1880, when he immigrated and 1889 when he married my great grandmother, Bridget Naughton.
  • Clean up and provide citation from when I first started my quest in 2006.  There are several hundred people so perhaps my next year I can have this finished.   I will start with the immediate and then go on to the collateral lines.
  • Edit, delete or file many of the Bookmarks I have relating to Genealogy.   Some of them are so old they are "dead."   This may take a bit of time.
I think this is enough to start with for one year.  I can add or edit any of my goals.  


No comments:

Post a Comment