Friday, July 8, 2011

WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING

I found that the new format had taken over and every thing was nicely in place.   The learning curve seems to be short.   I have to play with the features and so far I like it a lot.  I was worried prematurely.

In my fathers Treasures I found a photo of Father Carrol, who was pastor of  St Williams Church in East Pittsburgh PA.   Since I am volunteering at the Diocese for research requests, I decided to donate the picture to the archives.   I guess next I should look to see when Father Carrol was pastor.

I am liking my time at the Archives Center.   I am learning a lot about the Church history of the Pittsburgh area and getting better at reading terrible handwriting.   I can not criticize writing, my own is sometimes unreadable, even to me.  I am also becoming more familiar with Latin.

Back to my fathers treasures.  My father was a pack rate and lucky for me I find things of a lot of value to my personal history.  What I found recently is negatives of every picture he had ever taken.   Honestly, I found negatives dating back to 1943, the year they were married.    I have to figure out how and if I can scan those old negatives.   Most of them look good when held up to the light and a few are damaged.

I had started a Genealogy to do list on my Google Docs.  I actually had forgotten that I had started that list.    I should be better at adding and marking done at the end of the ones I have finished.   What I like about Google Docs, is that is free and the fact that I can share the list with family who can add to the list.

3 comments:

  1. Claudia,
    Thanks for visiting my blog, Family Matters, and leaving a comment. My son-in-law will be visiting later today and I'll be sure to let him know about it. The new blogger format took over my blog yesterday, too. I find it easy to use and like it a lot.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Picasa where I have most of my pictures. It is so easy to use with the pictures right there to pick and choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete