Monday, June 27, 2011

ORDERED MICROFILMS

 

On Saturday I went to the Family History Center and ordered two microfilms that I found while perusing the LDS site.   I found the baptism of my great grandmother, Bridget Naughton and the marriage of her parents, Thomas Naughton and Catherine Ward.  They were both from County Galway, Ireland.

What am I hoping to find is the names of any brothers and sisters of Bridget.   My father had long spoken of Bridget’s twin sister.   I have not been able to find any information about his recollection.   He would have been a child at the time so they could have just been sister that resembled each other. 

In about two to three week I can expect them to be in, but I know there can be delays.  I expect the delays so I will be pleasantly surprised if they come on time.  What I am wondering is why every record I find of interest there is no image available?   I guess that is just the way it goes.

Today I am going to see about volunteering at the local church diocese.    I went on Thursday for a look see and an interview.  Today I suppose it could be called an orientation.  I ran off a copy of Latin phrases related to genealogy and I have the papers on the old German style of writing.  

I am finding it easier to read after taking two classes but I need my “cheat sheet.”   More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment