Thursday, March 3, 2011

WORLD WAR 1 VETS

Since my last post on World War I vets I came across another news article on them.

Sydney---One of the last two surviving Veterans of World Was I is celebrating his 110th birthday.

Charles Choules, who sneaked into the British navy in 1915 at age 14 and served there for 41years, will be the center of a party for family, friends, and military representatives today in his adopted town of Perth.

Daughter Ann Pow said Choules-----known by his nickname of "Chuckles"---is healthy and happy in the nursing home where he has lived for the past 10 years, though he can no longer see or hear very well.

That answered my question of a few days ago.   Where is the other WWI vet?   My theory is probably in the UK, since, the US, Canada, Australia, Germany and France have been eliminated.

Another thought is how old is his daughter Ann Pow?

No comments:

Post a Comment