Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 14

After reading GeneaBlogger post about using new search engines I decided to give it a try. Honestly, I did not hold out much hope for finding anything.

But much to my surprise and it was the last one I had tried BING came thru.

What I found was published in the THE PITTSBURGH POST dated 16 October 1889 was the marriage license application for my Great Grandparents Thomas Dowd and Bridget Naughton. What I found out is that Bridget was living in the same town as Thomas. My question is where they met, and were there other Naughton relatives who were living in the area at the same time. I have found a few others who are in the same age group to be her brothers, the search continues.

Dowd Naughton Marriage license app

I am glad I did this exercise.....

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I need to give this exercise and try and use BING since I also have folks in the Pittsburgh area.
    I have awarded you the Ancestor Approved Award. You can pick it up over at Flipside http://lindasflipside.blogspot.com/2010/04/ancestor-approved-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! So glad this exercise worked for you!

    ReplyDelete