Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TOMBSTONE TUESDAY

enhancedmariakorbachbartels

The tombstone in the back says:

Maria Bartels 

geb  Korbach

This is my great grandmother, she was alive during my life time because I remember my grandmother Anna Bartels Schridde going to Germany to see her.   My grandmother would send pictures of the grandchildren to her mother.   I guess somewhere in Germany people are looking at those and wondering who these children are…..

What I need to find out and can not do it is read the dates on the tombstone.

If anyone out there has any ideas on how to do that please leave me a comment.

The next thing after that will be do determine the location of the cemetery and find where her husband Daniel Matthias Bartels is buried.   Is he in the same place as Maria??  Maria was born in Jena, Germany.

Maria Korbach Bartels

Maria as a young woman.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment