Sunday, September 27, 2009

LAST DAY OF CLASS

I have to admit that the class of German records and writing was GREAT. This is actually the first class I have attended so I hope I am not dissapointed with any others.

We really did not go over Fraktur, but rather he showed us the type when used in a lecture of American German Newspapers. I can read the small letters but the capital letter will take some getting used to.

Donna, I tried to leave a comment and it kept telling me to leave a valid email address and I had but it still would not publish. I have photo editing software and I did not know about the print/alt button. Guess it was one of those things on the keyboard that I never paid any attention too. There are a few others that I am clueless about. I will have to play with it and see what I can do. Thanks for your help.

The teacher, John T Humphrey CG was very informative and held my interest for the two days. He included a bit of German and American History which gave us insight to the conditions of the time and why our ancestors left.

I was glad I took the class, now I have to act on his information.

No comments:

Post a Comment