Saturday, April 18, 2009

Computer up and Running

After having some anguish with my computer I am happy that I am now up and running.

Today I went to the Carnegie Library to work on my marriages…I was looking for my Great Grandfather, Thomas Dowd’s sisters marriage.   I found Catherine Dowd.  

Catherine married Thomas Mulroy on October 27, 1892.  They were both born in Ireland and were twenty five when they got married.  I talked to my daughter about that was considered to be “old” or a first marriage.  Emily said Catherine was just probably “Picky” and waited for the right man.  Who knows, maybe she was.

They were both living in Port Perry, PA, which was in Allegheny County PA, it was a town on the confluence of Turtle Creek and the Monongahela River.  

There was just a question on one of my Roots Web list this week and I was surprised to find I had ancestors who lived there.

I had taken some pictures of the microfilmed documents.   I have to download them and see if I was successful, what I probably needed was a tripod.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment