Wednesday, February 25, 2009

WOW

I haven't written for awhile because I have had some GI upset and looking at the computer was far from my mind. Well, I have had TWO Kreativ Blogger nominations and I can say I am quite honored but how can I nominate 14 people. I can't decided, any of the people two the right of this blog are deserving. I just can't make a choice. I would nominate all of you.

Nothing going on in my genealogical search. I have not received the death certificates that I have requested. I feel much better after reading your comments about people whose ancestors were recent arrivals were having the same problems as me......next to nothing in the records.....I will have to keep on searching.......Maybe I feel that things should come quickly, I have always been a person who likes and expects instant gratification.

I think there is a lot out there that we are missing. I have been searching for naturalization papers. I have THE ORIGINAL paper from my great grandfather Patrick O'Rourke, as well as his death certificate. But, when I was looking for the naturalization certificates of my great grandparents there was nothing in the records for them, as well as the State of PA telling my cousin that his death certificate did not exist.

We get answers telling us that what ever record does not exist. Why is that? I have the original copy, it must be recorded somewhere, so why is it not in the records? How many other records are we searching for and told there are no records. This just mystifies me. These things have to be somewhere...........Does anyone else have this problem?

1 comment:

  1. Claudia, Thanks for visiting my gen blog. Unfortunately the newest IGI on FamilySearch.org has the following message if a member submitted the information: Record submitted after 1991 by a member of the LDS Church to request LDS temple ordinances. No additional information is available. Ancestral File may list the same family and the submitter.

    My recommendation would be the same as above: To search Ancestral File which lists submitters. Many times one of the submitters to Ancestral File was also the submitter of the name to IGI.

    ReplyDelete