Monday, December 22, 2008

Starting my Quest

I have been researching my family history for two years now. My regret and probably the one of many thousands of others is that they did not start sooner. I guess it was one of those thing where you do not think of it till you get passed middle age. My husbands cousin was searching for a long time and I thought it was interesting but it was not until my parents had died and I was going thru their papers that I found some interesting things.

First was naturalization certificates for my great grandfather and grandparents. Second was cemetery lots and the original purchase papers, birth certificate and marriage certificates for my grandmother written in Old German Script. I needed to know more.....I feel that my progress has been good for such a novice, and I will try to post things with tags so perhaps I may find some more cousins looking for the same people.

1 comment:

  1. I think you've made a good start! I posted a reply to your message on my blog about what I write about, but I have so few readers, it's probably not good advice :)

    I think everyone wishes they had started earlier. I thought about it when I was in my 20s, and even got a book telling me how to get started, but it seemed so overwhelming. It wasn't until I got on the Internet that I decided to see what was there! That was about 1997, I think.

    ReplyDelete