Friday, April 10, 2015

I HAVE TO GET GOING

 

I have to get going on my research and writing.   I have been in the doldrums since winter.

I have to continue on my Naughton research, I have typed up a form to send to the Diocese of Pittsburgh to request records on the Naughton siblings, I just have to get it printed and out in the mail.

With the publication and release of the PA Death Certificates on Ancestry I have been spending a lot of time looking for and researching siblings of potential and real siblings and children of my family.   That record set becomes mesmerizing after a while.

A golden nugget of information that I found was the birth place of my great grandparents.  Johann Bartels was born in Celle and his wife Maria Korbach was born in a small town, Burgel which is located about 12 Km east of Jena, in Thuringen.   After searching Family Search I found a set of records for Burgel and I plan to send for a microfilmed version of this set.   I need to search to see if the Celle records are microfilmed.

Another find on my were at a German site, www.genealogy.net  I found a transcription of a Ortsfamillenbuch of Wedel, Schleswig-Holstein, it is located north of Hamburg.

What was listed was information on Johann Hinrich Frederich Schridde and his wife Anna Catherina Sophia Goetjens.  These are the names of my great great grandparents, my mothers paternal side.   But, my grandfather is not listed but there is a “blank” where he should be.   I am certain the transcription is my line, but I need the proof to add the additional information to my tree.

I have a lot of things to do and it should keep me busy for a while this spring and summer.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are GOING. It almost sounds like you need to slow down LOL. Yeah, there's a lot for you to digest. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete