Friday, September 30, 2011

BRAIN ON HIATUS

 

Or at least it seem that way.   I seem to go in spurts in blogging.   I hope I am on the up side now…….I have been researching my husbands side for the past few months.    He seems to have more interesting ancestors than I.    This is because they arrived from 1733 to the early 1800’s.

My Irish relatives came over in the 1880’s and my mother and her parents came over in 1926.   I find the Irish and German research to be very difficult.    I found a lot of information after their arrival but not a lot in Europe.

I find  it unusual is the fact that both of our families settled in Pennsylvania and STAYED THERE.   How rare is that?  I have been perusing the local county Historical Societies and looking on the Gen Web site for those counties.   I guess a road trip will be in order.  The good thing is that they are no more than a two hour drive away.

PHIPPS CHRISTMAS 2010 THANKSGIVING 007

I felt the need for a little autumnal color.

PHIPPS CHRISTMAS 2010 THANKSGIVING 020

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your colorful leaves. We don't get much color down near the gulf, so I'm dependent on others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos!

    I think that I once read that a higher percentage of people living in PA were born in the state than in any other state in the US.

    ReplyDelete