Thursday, October 14, 2010

INITIAL SEARCH FOR OLIVE IN ARMSTRONG COUNTY IS A BUST

At least for now, that is.......First, I got lost in the town of Kittanning PA.   It is not exactly that big, somehow I passed up the entrance and had to call the place and a kind lady helped me get to the right place.

The Olive Bower listed with Mary as her mother was not correct.   The first Olive died in 1885 so she was quickly eliminated.

Next, and a lot of help, I found a Jacob and Mary Bowser in the 1870 census, but no Olive.    Then I found Jacob died in 1878, so that was why I could not find him in the 1880 census.    But Mary was 52 at the time of the birth, so I have my doubts about this family.

My next stop will be to go to the Armstrong County Courthouse and see the will of the above Jacob Bowser.   I will save that for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment