Saturday, October 3, 2009

SATURDAY NIGHT GENE FUN

 

Last weekend, while I was driving home from the German Writing and Record Conference I had to go by FRICK PARK.    Pittsburgh has a city center and then many communities outside of the center.  

I must have been about three going on four and I remember my parents took me to the park.   It was exciting because my mom brought peanuts to feed the squirrels.    There were red and grey squirrels and they did enjoy the peanuts.

My father decided (?????) to place his thumb between his index and middle finger and put his hand down to the squirrel.    The squirrel bit his thumb, that incident served as an example of what not to do.   

Looking at it as an adult I think he was lucky that the squirrel did not have rabies……The picture below was taken that day at Frick Park.   Most likely before the squirrel teasing and biting caper.

Gerda and Claudia Dowd 1950 001

 

No comments:

Post a Comment