Friday, July 10, 2009

I’m So Excited

 

After a few days away I got home and checked my email…..There was a reply to a message I had left in 2004, in regards to the DOWD family.   I have hear from a newly found cousin, Jennifer from TX.   I think this may have been a posting I had placed on the Pinellas County Genealogy Web Site.   I will have to ask her.

She has just started her research and I imagine that she is probably in my daughters age group.   I am only two and a half years ahead of her, but I do have more information.

Agnes DOWD Hendershot was one of the youngest of the DOWD siblings.   She had moved away from North Braddock and moved to FL in the 1920’s, can you imagine how hot it must have been with no air conditioning?

  I think the branches of the family have all but lost contact with the passage of time.   Jennifer said even among her grandmother’s siblings have lost contact.  Agnes was her great great grandmother.  But she died in c. 1980 so I will  have to ask if she remembered her.

I guess it just sort of happens with new marriage, deaths of the old folks, and  people who do not remember or have never known of their extended family.

Will I ever get all the people in this extended tree????   Perhaps, I know a lot more than I did before.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment