Monday, October 19, 2009

DAY TRIP

Today the daughter and I took a fall foilage day trip to Salem Ohio. It only took 1 1/2 hours from my home. Salem is a small heart land town, it looks like it would be a nice place to live; they have a hosptial as well.

I spent time at the library. First I looked in the city directories, but they only had a few years that I was looking for. Then the research librarian looked in the index for Grandview Cemetery and no Olive Stephens. There is another cemetery and Emily and I drove there and even though the door was unlocked and open no one was there. I did get the phone number and will give them a call at some point in time.

We did stop and buy a pumpkin, which Emily is going to carve. The gas in Ohio was about 15 cents less per gallon that in Pittsburgh. I did fill up the car, that was the second thing I bought in Ohio.

Now back to the drawing board for my elusive Olive.

No comments:

Post a Comment