Saturday, August 7, 2010

PLAN FOR MONDAY

 

Thomas and Gerda

I like the photo of my parents.  It reminds me of AMERICAN GOTHIC  by Grant Wood.

image

On Monday I hope to take a road trip to New Castle PA to the Pennsylvania Department of Vital Statistic.   That is where the deaths and birth since 1908 are located.    I have a list of several I would like to have.  

Last year I found, and it was quite a surprise, four of my great grandfather siblings had emigrated to the USA around the time of 1890-1906.    I want to request their death certificates and see if their parents are listed.   I decided to go for the earliest one first because there were remaining sisters and, hopefully, they will have listed my great great grandparents.

It is only about an hour drive and perhaps I can get myself in gear to get things done.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that picture really does resemble American Gothic! I think it is the straight posture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always told me I reminded her of that woman in the painting. I seen it, but not flattered. lol

    Just came by to see some of your Bohemian People. Iowa had a few in Greene county. Wisconsin has a lot, but maybe more from Pommern.
    And I was surprised to find that a few of my relatives said austria, and were Schliesien. And bohemian. I am still determining mothers Lodes of Bohemia. None of them settled New Ulm, but a number of place not far from there. Love the accent of those from New Ulm with the heritage.
    There is a book out to about the town and it's people. I saw it in a store, when I stopped for a sale in that beautyful city.
    And a few on that passenger list of 1883.
    thanks for your help. you can give some anytime.

    ReplyDelete