Friday, April 30, 2010

PONDERING THE IRISH

I have just had a chance to peruse the NEWLY RELEASED LDS WEBSITE I had searched it when it was in beta format and did not find anything.

Today I found my great grandmother Bridget Naughton. I knew the names of her parents, Thomas Naughton and Catherine Ward, but what I did not expect to find was she was born and was Baptized in Galway. More information to be discovered. It gives the file number which I, hopefully, can research.

Perhaps now I can find her twin sister, whom my father had said looked just like her and he could not tell them apart.

I can not find my O'Rourke's or Mortel’s. Since both Patrick and Ellen were born in 1851, I now have to investigate whether they were born in England, this would have been in the midst of the Potato Famine. Did they leave and move just to survive.

I will need to check the UK census records for 1851, 1861 and 1871. They both emigrated in 1874 for the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment